OUR PROCESS TO JUNK YOUR VEHICLE
WHAT IS REQUIRED BY YOU
Junk Your Car process
Pennsylvania Title Requirements to sell your vehicle to us.
• If you are contacting us about selling your vehicle here are a few simple rules that will save you time when you contact us:
• YOU MUST have a VALID STATE ISSUED PHOTO ID Card or Drivers License.
• The Person(s) listed on the title must be present at time of sale
If there is more than 1 owner listed on the title ALL owners must be present sorry no exceptions due to state law!
• THE REGISTERED OWNER(s) MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE TITLE IS NOT SIGNED OR WRITTEN ON THIS INCLUDES WRITING THE WORDS SALVAGED OR JUNK TITTLE.
• OPEN TITLES ARE NOT ACCEPTED (An open title refers to a title that has been signed off by the owner, but not re-assigned to a new owner.)
• IF YOU ARE NOT A LICENSED DEALER IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, YOU CANNOT RE-ASSIGN A TITLE. YOU MUST PAY SALES TAX TO THE STATE AND TITLE MUST BE TRANSFERRED INTO YOUR NAME BEFORE WE CAN LEGALLY ACCEPT THE VEHICLE. (THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO AN OPEN TITLE WOULD BE IF A NOTARY PUBLIC NOTARIZED THE OWNERS SIGNATURE ON THE FRONT.
• Make sure the vehicle is cleared of any trash or garbage along with any personal items or valuables, and your vehicle's license plate has been removed.
• Make sure when you hand us the keys that all keys except the keys to your vehicle have been removed from your key ring.
• NO EXTRA TIRES – We accept 1 spare tire with each vehicle, extra tire disposal is $5.00 per tire.
• We expect vehicles to be complete, meaning all major items are intact and included (4 wheels & tires, battery, catalytic converter, engine, transmission etc.).
• If the title is from another state, please call us for proper procedures.
ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE AND WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE CONTACTING US.
Vehicles Without a Title
We do not accept vehicles without a title.
If you lost your title you may come to any of our locations and fill out a “Indemnity Agreement for Faulty/ lost/ Destroyed Title” (MV-4RP) in person. You MUST have a CURRENT PA REGISTRATION.
Not applicable to out-of-state vehicles.
If you are the heir of an estate and need to sell us a vehicle titled to a deceased individual, we will need the following:
• THIS FORM MUST be filled out.
• AN ORIGINAL death certificate must be attached (NO PHOTO COPIES, MUST BE ORIGINAL)
• A Power of Attorney stating that the vehicle was left to you in the estate.
And then the above procedures will apply as if you were the owner of the vehicle.